Tuesday, January 10, 2012

How To Make A Clean Nasi Uduk




Nasi Uduk - Scented Coconut Rice
Nasi Uduk is very popular in Java especially West Java and Jakarta areas. It's a Betawinese Scented coconut Rice.


Many people asked me did you make your nasi uduk with a rice cooker or the old style one? Before I answered that question, I will explain first what the old style is. It's an Indonesian traditional way to cook rice, by boiling the rice and water (if you going to make nasi uduk, add spices and coconut milk as well) until liquid evaporates, then move the rice to a on-stove steamer and cook until is done.



My answer is, I make nasi uduk, nasi kuning (yellow rice), bubur (rice porridge) with a rice cooker. I utilize my rice cooker for almost everything, including making lazy soup.

The last time, I made nasi uduk, it came out a bit brown due to the use of coriander. I figured out that I needed to buy a package of muslin bags to put my spices in. Finally, I found the unbleached muslin bags. To find muslin bags is easy, but it's a bit harder to get the unbleached one. However, if you like sewing, you can make the bags by yourself.

Source :
http://en.petitchef.com/recipes/how-to-make-a-clean-nasi-uduk-fid-900565

| Free Bussines? |

No comments:

Post a Comment